Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 8(ish)

Oops. I messed up and forgot to post something on Monday. Sorry. The good news is that I didn't forget to pray. In fact, I spent several minutes of my prayer time yesterday morning asking God to help me work hard and stay focused yesterday as I feel particularly behind after the holiday weekend. God was merciful I had stayed longer than usual yesterday and really made some progress on my "to do" list. Unfortunately, I stayed so focused on other things that I forgot to keep my commitment to write something here about prayer. I hope you'll forgive me.

More to come later today that is actually intended for today, so I'll share something short that I really enjoyed reading over Thanksgiving weekend.

God our provider, all good gifts come from you. Make us so thankful for your gifts that we cannot help but share them with others. Own us as your fools as we abandon the stuff of this world for the treasures of your kingdom.  Amen.

Hope everyone has a great day. Keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. poignant thought during this season of "Cyber Monday" and Santa Claus lists.

    ReplyDelete